Remote Desktop Software for Windows 11, 10, 8 and 7 [Free Download]
There are more and more occasions when you need to access a remote Windows computer. For example, you need a file during a business trip, but the file is saved on your company Windows computer without uploading to cloud service.
It is a free download of Remote desktop software for Windows PCs to access a remote Windows computer for remote work and remote assistance
Windows built-in remote desktop software
Usually, you can use access a Windows computer using the Remote Desktop client app after enabling Windows built-in feature Remote Desktop. To access a Windows PC from another Windows PC, you can use Remote Desktop Connection without downloading the RD client app.
To access a Windows PC from iOS or Android device, you need to download the RD client from App Store or Google Store. Now, see how to use Windows built-in remote desktop software to access a Windows computer.
Step 1. On the PC that you want to access, press Windows + R, and input sysdm.cpl, click OK to open the System Properties window.
Step 2. Go to Remote and choose Allow remote connections to this computer on the Remote Desktop section and click OK.
Step 3. On your local PC, press Windows + R, input mstsc and click OK to open Remote Desktop Connection. Then, you can follow the prompts to access the remote computer
- The PC that is going to be accessed should be installed with advanced editions like Professional of Windows; it’s unavailable to access a PC that is running Windows 10/11 Home using the Remote Desktop client app.
- The devices on both ends should be using the same network; otherwise, VPN or port forwarding is necessary, which can be complicated for many users.
The best remote desktop software for Windows 11/10
It’s unavailable or recommended to use Windows built-in remote desktop software if the remote Windows computer is running Home or Standard edition or the remote PC and your local device are connected to different networks. Luckily, the best free remote desktop software for Windows, AnyViewer can do you a favor. It works smoothly with all editions including Home and Standard of Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7. See why it is outstanding.
- Support connection over the internet: The remote Windows computer and your local device don’t need to be limited to the same network; you can access the remote PC without space limitations.
- High security with end-to-end ECC encryption: Remote sessions over AnyViewer are secured by a strong Elliptic Curve Cryptography algorithm.
- Support flexible connection methods: To access a PC for IT support with someone to accept a remote control request, you can use AnyViewer to send a request; To access your own work PC without attendance, you can use AnyViewer to access the PC with one click after setting up two devices.
- Mobile devices supported: You can access Windows PC from PC over AnyViewer, but also from portable devices, like iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.
- Featured with rich functions: During the remote session, it’s available to transfer files between the two devices, change screen resolution, chat with the one on the other end, and so on.
Go to the official website of AnyViewer and get the remote desktop software free download. Install and run it on both ends and see how to use it to access an unattended office computer for remote work.
What you should know before accessing the remote computer
- To achieve one-click control, the two devices should be assigned to the same account and logged into the same account. Otherwise, you won’t be able to access the PC with one click.
- If you don’t want the PC to be accessed with one click, you can disable one-click connected to assign device from Unattended Settings.
Step 1. Create an AnyViewer account and log into the account on your office Windows PC and your local PC.
Step 2. On your local PC, click Device and you can find out the office Windows computer. Step 3. Click it and click One-click control. Immediately, you can see the remote desktop and do your work.
In a nutshell, AnyViewer can be a perfect choice for remote into a Windows computer from your local PC or mobile device. It can endow you with secure, fast, and reliable remote sessions. Just try it now!