How to Change Default Download Location on Windows 11?
Do you want to change the default download folder in Windows 11? Are you looking for the best ways to change the default download folder on Windows PC? If your answer is yes then you are in the perfect blog. Here our technical team provides a simple guide that helps to change the default location on Windows 11.
We all know that whenever we download any file on Windows PC it gets saved in a particular folder. You can easily get the downloaded file stored in a C drive. It is not only Windows 11, the download folder is present by default under the drive in which the windows os has been installed whether you’re using Windows 7, 8, 10, or 11.
People like to change their paths. If you download lots of files and the storage space starts getting filled up. People always like to delete the saved files in the download folder. Once you change the download location then you can easily manage the storage.
Read Also: Chromecast for PC
That’s why we are providing this tutorial that helps to change the download location on Windows 11. Using this guide you can also change the download path in Windows 7, 8, 10, and also windows 8.1. So keep reading this complete tutorial and get the different ways to change the location.
Change the default download location:
Using this method you can easily change the default download location. Once you find that the download folder storage space is almost running out then you can easily change the location using this simple step.
- First, you need to open Windows OS settings.
- Now you need to click on the System tab and click on storage on the right-hand side.
- Just select storage management and click on advanced storage settings.
- Now you need to click on new content that is saved.
- Once you select the option then you can see the various file types by the default drive has been assigned where the downloaded files are present.
- For example, for file types like media files, documents, apps, photos, or movies click on the dropdown and select the available driver.
- Once we change the path then you need to click on apply to make the changes.
- That’s it. From now the new photos and videos that you download and it will get saved to the new drive.
If you have any difficulty using the above method then you can use this simple method. With the help of this method, you can manually move the files from one drive to another.
- First, you need to create a new folder in the D drive.
- Just navigate to the C drive and go to the download section.
- Select all files are selected files and press Control + x.
- Now you need to go back to the drive and access the folder and process ctrl+v.
- That’s it. The downloaded file will be stored on the new drive.
Read Also: Telegram for PC
How to move the downloads folder to a different drive?
We Already mentioned earlier the default download folder is present on the free drive. You can easily shift the download folder from a default drive to another drive. Follow these simple steps that help to change your default download drive.
- First, you need to access Windows Explorer.
- Access the drive to which you want to transfer the download folder and present the industry, driver.
- Open the D drive and create a new folder.
- Now just moved back to the PC and you will see the downloads folder.
- Just right-click on the download and select properties.
- Once you select the properties then it opens the location tab.
- Just click on the button move and select a destination box open.
- Navigate to the folder you created by the name on the deep drive.
- Click on apply to implement the changes.
- That’s it. Now you will prompt whether you wish to transfer all existing files you have downloaded to the download section and moved to the D drive.
- Now you need to select the Yes button.
- That’s it. The downloads folder will move entirely to the D drive.
I hope this article very helps to change the default download location from the C drive to another drive. If you are using Windows 11 then you can easily change the default download location drive using this guide. If you have any queries regarding this article feel free to ask Us using the comment box section. Thanks for reading this article. Keep in touch with us for more Tech updates.