We all know that file explorer is one of the best software that helps to share our files from one device to another. Lots of amazing files sharing apps and software are available in the internet market but people trust File Explorer. It is one of the best ways to transfer unlimited files from smartphone to PC and vice versa. Of course, file Explorer is available on various platforms. You can download and install it on your device and enjoy its features.
If you have a PC then you can easily install file explorer on your system and transfer your files from PC to smartphone. Are you facing File Explorer file manager not working on Windows 11 then you are in the perfect blog. Here we provide the best methods to fix File Explorer not working on Windows PC. Following this below guide you will easily fix file Manager not working on Windows 11.
After upgrading your Windows from Windows 10 to Windows 11 then you must have been complaining about File Explorer not working on slowing down or crashing when you try to use it. That’s why we are here providing this guide that helps you the possible reasons for fixing explorer not working on Windows 11 we also include troubleshooting tips to fix this issue.
Read Also: File Explorer for PC
We are from techsolveguide, providing high-quality article and Technical tips to users. In that way, today we are going to guide you simple method to fix File Explorer not working on your Windows 11. Of course, Windows 11 comes with smooth functioning but there are various reasons like Malware attacks which can make a problem like File Explorer crash. So follow the below simple steps to easily fix the file Explorer not working on your Windows 11 or Windows PC.
Reasons behind file Explorer not working on Windows 11:
There are lots of reasons why you find the file explorer going to be unresponsive sometimes. Here we mention some important common reasons why the file explorer not working on your Windows 11.
There is some snag in the current build of Windows 11.
- File Explorer catch may be filled with too many junk files.
- Malware attacks or virus attacks.
- Malware is present in the media file.
- Suspicious apps cause the file explorer to crash.
- One or more corrupted files are present in file explorer.
Update the Windows OS:
This is a common solution for all the issues. That’s why we recommend this method for updating the Windows OS.
- Click Windows + I to open the system settings.
- On the left-hand side, the panel clicks on Windows update.
- Now you need to click check for the update option.
- If any update is available then it will be ready to download.
- You need to click on the download button.
Once you install the updated version of Windows OS then your problem will be solved.
Read Also: Tubemate for PC
Clear the cache of a file explorer:
The too many junk files are also the reason behind the file Explorer not working on Windows 11. So you need to clear or delete the junk files, temporary data.
- In the windows search option just type file explorer.
- Now you need to click the General tab and navigate to section privacy.
- You will see the different options and you can select clear file explorer history.
- Click ok to complete the process.
Now you can check the errors should be fixed or not. I hope this method helps several Windows 11 users
Restart your PC:
If you recently upgraded to Windows 11 then faced some issues in file explorer. Yes, so many users faced some issues in file explorer slowing down while operating the folders and files. That was not the case with the older Windows 10. So you need to restart your computer and then work wonderfully to fix this problem.
- Just press the Windows key on your keyboard and click on the power button icon.
- Now you need to select the restart option from the power menu.
- You’re restarting your PC the file explorer should become responsive.
- If you face the problem again then you can next try the troubleshooting method.
Read Also: Kingroot for PC
Scan for corrupt system files:
You can check the corrupted system files on your PC then you can fix the problem. Normally during updating an app or installing new software there is a chance of system apps getting corrupted. That’s why we Recommended scanning for corrupted system files.
- Open the command prompt and type sfc/scannow and press enter.
- It will take you minutes to check for the system to scan and delete corrupted files.
- Once you delete the corrupted files then you can check it your problem is fixed or not.
- Now the file explorer smoothly on Windows 11.
Check for computer viruses:
Some Malware viruses may be present in your media file then it can also affect the file explorer on your Windows 11. So you need to check for the computer with the help of an antivirus tool.
We all know that Windows OS has very improved. So you can easily check your PC with the help of an antivirus tool and uninstall the untrusted source.
- Windows + I to open the settings.
- You need to click privacy on the security option then you can click on Windows security.
- Just select virus and threat protection.
- Now you need to click on the quick scan option.
- The system will start scanning for malware protection and let you know if any virus is found.
- Once you complete the scanning process just restart your PC.
System maintenance troubleshooter:
Windows has an inbuilt tool that can clean up your unused files or shortcuts from your PC. This tool will help you fix the file explorer not working on Windows 11.
- Search for the control panel in the search field and navigate to troubleshooting.
- In the next screen, you can select run maintenance task.
- Click next to proceed.
- After completing the process you can try to use file explorer on your Windows 11. I hope it should work just fine.
These are the best troubleshooting methods and tips that can solve the issue of file explorer not working on Windows 11.
I hope this article is very helpful to fix File Explorer not working on Windows 11. If you have any queries regarding this article feel free to ask us. Keep in touch with us for more updates on follow us on the social media platforms.