How to Fix Windows 10 Touchpad Not Working Issues? – Latest Guide
Touchpad Not Working Windows 10: Touchpad or mouse pad not working due to issues on your Windows 10. In some cases, we have faced this issue regarding some driver problems. Here, provide the simple guide to fix touchpad issues on your Windows 10 PC. So just follow this below simple guide to fix this issue on your computer.
Windows 10 is one the most popular operating system that Microsoft has rolled out. Most of the users are like to install Windows 10 on their PC. Still, some people like to install Windows 7 on their PC Windows but windows 10 has pretty popular. However, it has some traveling with software issues. That’s why users need proper guidance to fix this issue.
Here in this particular post, white you some of the best possible solutions that you can try to fix mouse pad not working error on your Windows 10 PC laptop. Our technical team already tested this software and this method it’s worked very well.
Keep reading this complete tutorial and you will definitely fix your mouse pad error on your Windows 10. Numerous methods are available in the internal market that helps to fix Touchpad error on Windows 10. Here we provide a simple guide and it works very well on both Windows 7 and 10.
How to fix Windows 10 Touchpad not working issue?
There are different methods available to fix the Touchpad not working problem. Here are the best methods to solving your issue.
Reinstall the driver:
First of all, you need to install your Windows 10 touchpad driver. About some issues occur in your driver that’s why you are Touchpad is unresponsive. So just follow the below simple steps to re-install its driver.
- Right-click on the Windows button and open your device manager.
- You need to go to “Mice and other pointing devices”.
- Now you need to select Touchpad driver and again right-click to select uninstall option.
- Once you click the option then it will automatically uninstall.
- Now you need to install this driver again. So you need to stand for the Hardware changes button and search for the missing driver.
- It would be See Touchpad on your Windows 10 laptop.
- So just install the Touchpad driver and restart your computer.
Make sure Touchpad is on:
Sometimes we accidentally disable the Touchpad option under the setting menu. So the Touchpad is to be unresponsive. That’s why we telling make sure Touchpad is on.
- Just click the windows button and search for the Touchpad setting.
- Now you can see the enable or disable option at the right top corner.
- Make sure that it is set on enable.
- If the setting is switched to disable them you need to enable the option to respond to your touchpad.
Check Touchpad shortcut switch:
In some cases, accidentally turn off the Touchpad many times while playing games because it will be very difficult to play games.
There is a shortcut key combination to either enable or disable the touchpad. While playing the game we accidentally turn off the function key on your laptop. So just check the Touchpad shortcut switch and enable your option. In my laptop F1+F7 for keyboard combo to know touchpad is working or not.
Change the cursor speed:
This is another method to fix the touchpad issue. Some people change the speed of the cursor which is the reason for not working Touchpad. So you need to set the proper speed of the cursor. If the cursor speed is set to low then your action may not be recognized.
- Windows 10 has the option to change the cursor speed. So you can easily set your cursor time as per your convenience.
- Just tap the windows button on the search for the Touchpad setting.
- Now you can see the change the cursor speed option at right below the Touchpad option.
- Now you can easily set your cursor speed with the slider feature.
Restart your PC:
Sometimes, the very big problem has a simple solution. In a similar case, if your touchpad not working on Windows 10 then you need to restart your computer. Surprisingly, your issue is solved
Check for Windows 10 updates:
Of course, your operating system also is the reason behind the Touchpad not working problem. We always advised keeping your Windows 10 operating system will update to avoid the software issue.
So you need to check your Windows 10 version and update to the latest version. Once you update your operating system then it will automatically fix the Touchpad not working issue on your computer.
- Click the window button and search for check for updates.
- Make sure your internet connection will be very fast.
- Windows will begin checking for updates.
- If you have your new update is available then you should install it on your computer that helps to fix the Touchpad not working Issue.
Update Touchpad drivers:
Before going to uninstall the Touchpad driver just also follow the same steps to update the drivers. Yes, sometimes the drivers need to manually update in order to fix the Touchpad not working issue.
- You can easily update your Touchpad driver with the following steps.
- Device manager-> Mice and other pointing devices-> click on your touchpad-> select update driver.
- Once you follow this step 10 your system will automatically search for the updated drivers on the Internet and install them on your PC.
I hope this article very helps to fix the Touchpad not working issue on your Windows 10 PC laptop. If none of the above methods not working for you then you can go to the service center. In some cases, you may also have a hardware problem. If you have any queries regarding this article feel free to ask us.