How to Fix YouTube Not Working on Apple TV
YouTube has announced it no longer supports older Apple TV devices. Of course, it works on your latest Apple TV models like Apple TV 4K and Apple TV 4th generation. Sometimes you may experience youTube screen freezing and playback issues. So you need to fix that issue.
A mostly newly installed app does not function because of common reasons like network problems, Corrupt Apps on Apple TV, internal software, and more. Same as if you have installed YouTube on your Apple TV on it does not work properly then you need to fix the issue.
Generally, these issues arise due to poor internet connection, and the software side of things like corrupted cache, updated app or device from for can also cause the problem.
Here in this tutorial, we provide common troubleshooting methods to fix the issues. Using this tutorial you can easily fix YouTube not working on Apple TV. So keep reading this complete tutorial without any skip.
Also Check: How to Convert YouTube Video into MP3
How to fix YouTube not working on Apple TV?
There are numerous reasons behind youtube not working issue. The Possible reasons are,
- Internet connection issues.
- YouTube server outage.
- Outdated app.
- Outdated Apple TV.
- Minor bugs on YouTube.
Now let’s see the best ways to fix this issue on Apple TV.
Check your Apple TV version
First, you need to check your Apple TV version. Your Apple TV device must be 4th generation or later for streaming the YouTube app. As we mentioned earlier YouTube has announced it no longer supports older Apple TV devices.
If you know your device generation and it supports YouTube then you can move on to the next troubleshooting method. In case you do not know your Apple TV generation just follow the steps that help to find out your Apple TV generation.
- Go to settings and choose General.
- Now you need to select the about option.
- It Will show the model number of your TV.
Restart Apple TV:
It is one of the common troubleshooting methods for fixing these issues. So you just reboot your Apple TV and check YouTube app is working fine or not. If too many heavy applications or running in the background then your system will start glitching. So you should Reboot your device should solve the problem.
- Long Press the Home button on your Apple TV Remote.
- Go to Settings and select System.
- Now you need to select Restart.
- It will take a few minutes to complete the Restart process.
Once done, check whether the issue with YouTube is fixed or not.
Check the network connection:
If you want to glitch-free YouTube streaming experience then you need to connect your Apple TV to a stable Wi-Fi Network. If you have a good internet connection then the YouTube application work properly.
- Go to Settings and scroll to network.
- Confirm the connected Wi-Fi network at the top.
- Check the signal strength from the same menu.
- If the router has established a connection fully it must appear on your Wi-Fi network list.
- Again from the network screen go to Wi-Fi and select Wi-Fi connected to fill in the password box.
- To confirm just click on submit.
- If you have a low internet connection then just reconnect to the high-speed internet connection.
Also Check: How to Download YouTube Videos on iPhone
Restart the YouTube app:
It is also one of the troubleshooting methods to fix the issue. You just completely close the YouTube app on Apple TV and Relaunch it.
- On your Apple TV and press the control Centre button twice to open the recent apps menu.
- Swipe up on the YouTube app to shut it completely.
- Return to the Apple TV home screen and open the YouTube app again.
Ensure sufficient Apple TV storage:
It is also one of the reasons for YouTube not working on Apple TV. If your Apple TV has insufficient storage then you may face errors while streaming videos on YouTube, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. There is no official way to check the storage background on Apple TV. So you must install the third-party app from the app store to check basic information.
There are lots of third-party apps available in the internet market and app store to check apple TV storage. You can install any one of them and get details about Apple TV storage.
- Turn on your Apple TV and Go to App Store.
- Now you need to Download the storage analysis app.
- Just launch the app and check the storage breakdown.
If you are running low on device space then use the below steps that help to delete everyone’s app on your Apple TV.
- Open Settings from the home screen and select general.
- Scroll down to the manage storage option.
- Now you need to delete unnecessary apps taking up huge space on your Apple TV.
Authenticate your YouTube account:
If you are YouTube account details or updated then youTube me not work on Apple TV. If you changed your Google account password recently then you need to sign out from the YouTube account on log in again with updated details. So just follow the below simple steps that help to fix the issues.
- First, you need to launch the YouTube app on your Apple TV.
- Select your account from the sidebar and click sign out.
- Signing with your new account details and play YouTube videos without any issues.
Check the YouTube server:
If the YouTube server or down done the tricks will work to resolve the problem. You can visit the down detector on your phone or desktop PC and then search for YouTube to confirm this problem. You need to wait for Google to fix the server-side issues.
Turning off Match content:
Sometimes you may get a black screen on YouTube after you launch the app. You must change the match rate which helps to fix the issue. Go to settings on your Apple TV and select the video and audio options.
- You need to select match content.
- Just disable the match dynamic range by selecting it.
- Get back to match content and select match frame rate and disable it.
Update YouTube app:
If you are using an outdated YouTube app on your Apple TV then you may face the issue. The outdated version of the software will cause several problems. So you need to update your Apple TV and YouTube app to the latest version which will help to remove bugs and errors. Just follow the below steps that help to update YouTube and Apple TV.
- Go to the home screen on your Apple TV and select apps.
- Now you need to select the YouTube app.
- Select the update button to update the latest version.
- Open Settings on your Apple TV.
- Now you need to click system and choose software update.
- Select update software.
- If the update or available just follow the on-screen instructions to download the latest version.
Also Check: How to Block YouTube Ads on Android
Reinstall YouTube app:
If the above tricks do not work to resolve YouTube not working on Apple TV problem then use the below steps. You just reinstalled the YouTube app on your Apple TV and try it again.
- Keep pressing the YouTube icon till it starts to jiggle.
- Press the option key.
- Now you need to select the delete button.
- Open the Apple App Store and install the YouTube app again.
Reset Apple TV:
None of the above tricks resolve the YouTube not working on Apple TV issue then reset your Apple TV to factory settings.
- Open settings on your Apple TV.
- Click the system menu and choose Reset.
- Finally, select reset again and follow the infection to confirm it.
Still, if you face the same issue then contact YouTube customer support or contact Apple TV to resolve your problem.
I hope this article very helps to fix the YouTube app not working on Apple TV. If you have any doubts regarding this article feel free to ask using the comment box section. Keep in touch with us for more tech updates. Thanks for reading this article.