How to Update Roku Streaming Device/Roku TV
Roku is the most popular streaming device that is designed to update automatically when it is turned on. The update is a mandatory action for all smart devices. Once you update your software it allows you to avoid bugs and maximum security access to the latest apps on more features. So we strongly recommended updating your Roku.
For Roku users, the updating process has been very simple and can be done in a matter of seconds. Roku software update increases the security and gives some more advanced features to your device. And also, updating the firmware of your Roku device is one of the most important troubleshooting tips to fix lots of issues in it.
By default, Roku devices or design to automatically update and run the latest version. For every 24 to 36 hours Roku will search for updates and automatically install the latest version. Of course, you can also manually check the update and install the latest version.
Also Check: How to Reset Firestick?
Here in this particular tutorial, I am going to guide you to update your Roku streaming device. So keep reading this complete tutorial without any skip. You can manually update the Roku device using the methods given in this tutorial.
How to update Roku to the latest version?
- First, you need to connect Roku to a strong Wi-Fi network.
- Press the home button on your Roku remote.
- Scroll down on the select settings option.
- Now you need to click the system option on the next screen.
- On the top right side panel, selects system update.
- Now you can see the current version of your Roku device. It will appear on the screen.
- Click check now to check for the updates.
- If any update is available Roku automatically downloads and installs the latest version.
- After updating the Roku just restart the device and use it.
How to update Roku TV via USB drive?
It is another method that helps to update your Roku device. Before proceeding with the process ensure to have a USB drive with 256 MB or larger and a PC.
- First, you need to launch your browser on your PC and go to the website https://tvupdate.roku.com/.
- Navigate to choose your TV brand and select your Roku TV from the drop-down list.
- You can also type your Roku model and serial number on the respective box and select your device.
- Click the download software button to download the installer file.
- Connect to a USB drive to your PC on transfer the installer file to the USB drive.
- Now you need to connect the USB drive to your Roku and navigate to settings.
- Select system and click the options system update.
- Just select the option I can’t connect.
- Roku automatically recognizes the installer file on the USB drive and displays that 12-digit code on the TV.
- Now you need to turn on your PC and enter the activation code on the box and click the next step button.
- Now you will see 6 digit code on the PC screen.
- On your Roku TV enter the 6-digit code on the box and start the updating process.
That’s it. Once you updated then remove the USB drive from Roku and restart the device.
How to manually update channels on Roku
- Go to the home screen on your Roku TV.
- Now you need to select any app from the home screen.
- Just press the Asterisk button (*) on your paired Roku remote.
- Now you need to click the check for updates option.
- If any update is available Roku will automatically update it.
How to fix Roku not updating?
Sometimes Roku displays pop-up menus whenever there is a problem in updating the Roku OS to the latest version.
- Unable to update software.
- Can’t update (001, 002, 003, 004, or 005 (error codes)
These pop-up screens appear due to poor internet connection. You can easily resolve this problem with the help of a stable internet connection. If the problem is still found then restart or reset your Roku device to fix the issues.
I hope this article very helps to update your Roku streaming devices. If you have any queries regarding this article feel free to ask us using the command box section. Thanks for reading this article. Keep in touch with us for more tech updates.