BBC iPlayer is one of the most popular on-demand streaming services in the United Kingdom. The platform is home to all categories like new sports travel future culture and modes. It is exclusively available in the United Kingdom and is a geo-restricted streaming network in the USA.
Using a premium VPN like Express VPN allows you to connect to a server in the United Kingdom, enabling you to view all the fantastic content of BBC iPlayer in the USA. If you own an LG smart TV then you can easily install BBC iPlayer directly from the LG content store to stream all the latest series of on-demand videos sports and more for free of cost.
In addition, you can also use the cast or airplay feature to share the content from your mobile to the LG smart TV. With the help of this feature, you can watch all the content from BBC. LG smart TV users can directly download the BBC iPlayer app without side loading.
Here in this particular tutorial, I am going to guide you to install and watch BBC iPlayer on LG smart TV. If you are not a UK resident then you can use VPN to access this service in your region. So keep reading this complete tutorial without any skip and install BBC iPlayer on LG smart TV.
Also Check: IPTV on Samsung Smart TV
How to get BBC iPlayer on LG smart TV?
- First, turn on your LG smart TV and connect it to a stable internet connection.
- Click the home button on your remote and launch the LG Content Store.
- Click the search icon you need to type BBC iPlayer using the on-screen keyboard.
- Now you need to Select the official application from the search results and click the install button.
- It will take a few minutes to complete the installation process.
- After completing the installation you can access BBC iPlayer on your LG smart TV.
How to activate BBC iPlayer on LG smart TV?
Once you installed BBC iPlayer on your LG smart TV then you need to activate it. Just follow the below simple steps that help to activate BBC iPlayer on your LG smart TV.
- Launch the BBC iPlayer app on your LG smart TV.
- Click the sign-in button to get the activation code.
- Note the BBC iPlayer activation code and visit the BBC iPlayer activation web page. (https://account.bbc.com/account/tv)
- Click the sign-in button and enter your BBC iPlayer account credentials.
- Now you need to enter your activation code and click the sign into your TV button.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the sign-in process.
- Finally, click the continue button the stream BBC iPlayer videos on your LG smart TV.
Also Check: IPTV on Xbox One
An alternate method to watch BBC iPlayer on LG smart TV?
BBC iPlayer is also available on the web version. You can easily use your browser on your LG smart TV and access this BBC iPlayer web version.
- Press the home button on the LG remote and go to the home screen.
- Now you need to select the web browser tile at the bottom of the screen.
- On the browser navigate to the address bar and type the URL. (https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer)
- Click the sign-in button at the top and enter your BBC iPlayer account credentials.
- Once you complete the sign-in process play your TV programs and watch it on your LG smart TV.
How to cast BBC iPlayer on LG smart TV?
As we mentioned earlier you can also use a cast feature that helps to watch your BBC iPlayer content from your phone to LG smart TV. BBC iPlayer application is compatible with the Chromecast feature. So just follow the below simple steps that help to cast BBC iPlayer on LG smart TV.
Unfortunately, LG smart TV does not support the casting features. So you can connect a Chromecast device to your TV and can cast the BBC iPlayer videos from your Android or iPhone.
- First, you need to connect the Smartphone and LG smart TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Download and install the BBC iPlayer app on your Android or iOS device.
- Complete the sign-in process with the help of your BBC iPlayer accounts.
- Click the cast icon in the top rate corner and select your LG TV from the available devices.
- Once the connection is established, play any sports or movie on BBC iPlayer mobile app and stream it on your LG smart TV
Also Check: IPTV on Mi Box
1. Can I update BBC iPlayer on LG smart TV?
Yes, you can easily update BBC iPlayer on your LG smart TV.
Go to the LG Content Store-> Apps ->My Apps-> BBC iPlayer-> Update.
2. Is BBC iPlayer free?
Yes BBC iPlayer is completely free to use.
3. How to fix BBC iPlayer not working?
Here we mention some troubleshooting methods that help to fix the issues.
- Restart your LG smart TV.
- Update your LG TV.
- Update the BBC iPlayer app on LG smart TV.
- Enable the VPN If you are using it outside the UK.
I hope this article very helps to install and watch BBC iPlayer on LG Smart TV. If you have any queries regarding this article let me know your doubts in the command box section. Keep in touch with us for more tech updates. Thanks for reading this article.