How to Delete the windows.old Folder in Windows 11
Do you want to delete windows.old folder in Windows 11? Here we provide the best methods to delete windows.old folder in Windows 11. As soon as you update your PC To the eleventh integration of 4S windows Boot creates a backup of the previous OS build and it is stored inside your folder called windows.old. You can easily find out this folder is located in the C drive.
Of course, this folder contains important system files and configuration settings of your PC Windows previous OS. Also, the data of previously installed programs and games user account settings files and more could also be found there. If you want to download your PC to an earlier OS version then you can use this folder.
Read Also: Fix Windows 11 Video Playback Not Working
Why do you delete windows.old folder?
Sometimes, the application is not behaving expected for us. In that situation, we need to pick up its settings from the backup folder and configure it according to your new OS. But, there is no intention for you to downgrade to the previous OS. That’s why we need to delete windows.old folder.
Likely, the amount of unnecessary storage space also consuming on your new OS. Generally, you may find this number of around 20 GB to 30 GB but it is sometimes more than 150 GB. That’s why people allocate such a huge amount of storage to a backup folder. If you want to it delete windows.old folder then this guide helps you.
We are from TechSolveGuide, providing the best methods to delete windows.old folder in Windows 11. So keep reading this complete tutorial and get the easiest way to delete windows.old folder in your Windows 11 OS.
Read Also: File Explorer Now Working in Windows 11
Method 1: Using file explorer:
It is the most popular and the shortest approach when you delete the windows.old folder in Windows 11.
- Open the file explorer using Windows +E shortcut keys.
- Now you need to go C drive and select windows.old folder.
- Click the delete key to send it to recycle bin. You can also use swift + delete shortcut keys to permanently delete it from your PC Windows.
Method 2 using disk cleanup:
Windows 11 has an inbuilt disk cleanup tool. With the help of this option, you can easily delete windows.old folder in Windows 11.
- Open the start menu And search for disk cleanup.
- Now you need to select C drive from the list and select previous Windows installation.
- Once you click the ok button then it will automatically delete windows.old folder in your Windows 11.
Method 3: Via Temporary files:
We all know that, all the temporary files are stored on your PC which includes the files and folders in the previous installation OS. So using this function, we can delete windows.old folder in Windows 11.
- Press Windows +I shortcut keys to open the settings menu.
- Now you need to select System from the left menu bar on go to the storage section.
- Now you need to click the temporary files option.
- Previous Windows installation and Remove files button.
- That’s it. Windows.old folder deleted on your Windows 11.
Read Also: Fix Windows 11 Auto-restart issue
Method 4: Clean up recommendation:
Windows always recommend files and folders that you could safely remove your PC in order to clean your storage device. So, we can use this feature and delete the windows.old folder in Windows 11.
- Open settings system and storage section.
- Now you go to the cleanup recommendation page.
- Select previous Windows installation.
- Just click the cleanup button and proceed with the process.
- That’s it. Windows.old folder deleted on your Windows 11 PC.
Method 5: Via Storage sense:
Storage sense is also an inbuilt Utility tool that helps to delete the temporary files and folders in regular intervals. In the same way, you can also configure various cleanup processes for deleting the locally available cloud’s contents. So we can also delete the windows.old folder in Windows 11 using this Utility tool.
- Go to the settings-> system-> storage section.
- Now you need to enable the next storage sense.
- Just click on the storage sense to access the menu.
- Now you need to checkmark “keep Windows running smoothly by automatically cleanup temporary system and app files”.
- Just scroll to the end of the page and click to run storage sense now.
- The tool will automatically scan your system and tell it all the temporary files including windows.old folder.
Read Also: Fix Google Chrome Slow Down in Windows 11
These are the best methods to delete the windows.old folder on your Windows 11. You can use any one of the methods and delete the windows.old folder. I hope this article very helps to delete windows.old folder in Windows 11.
If you have any queries regarding this article feel free to ask Us using the comment box section below. Keep in touch with us for more updates on follow us on social media platforms.