Are you trying to use the VLC media player on Apple TV? Do you want to install a VLC media player on Apple TV? If your answer is yes then you are in the perfect blog. Apple TV 4 and higher devices have official support for VLC media players.
The VLC media player is one of the most widely used media players by users worldwide because of its feature. It’s supported by almost all devices. You can also play any format of the video on audio. If you have a streaming device like Apple TV then you can install a VLC media player from the app store like installing Apps from iPhone.
The VLC media player is available on Play Store and app store for free of cost. It does not require any registration or personal details to install it on your streaming devices. Apart from installing the app you can even airplay the content from the Apple device.
Before going to install a VLC media player on your Apple TV make sure that you use it on an Apple TV streaming device that runs on TV OS 11.0 and later. VLC media player does not support the older version. Here in this tutorial, I am going to guide you to listen to VLC on Apple TV. So keep reading this complete tutorial without any skip.
Also Check: How to Enable Dark Mode on VLC?
How to install VLC on Apple TV?
There are different methods available in the internet market that helps to install VLC on Apple TV. Here we provide very simple steps. As we mentioned earlier Apple TV has an official VLC app that can be installed from the app store. So it is a very easy task to Run VLC on Apple TV.
- First, turn on your Apple TV and connect it to stable Wi-Fi.
- Find the App Store on the Homepage and open it.
- Now you need to select The search icon at the top of the screen.
- Type VLC in the search about using an on-screen keyboard.
- Select the official application from such a result.
- Select the install button on the app info screen to download the app.
- It will take a few minutes to complete the download process.
- Once it gets downloaded select open to launch it on your Apple TV.
That’s it. Now you can play any format of video on audio on your Apple TV using a VLC media player.
- Launch the vLC media player app on Apple TV and remote playback box.
- Now you need to select enable remote playback option and two IP addresses will appear on the screen.
- Turn on your Mac and connect it to the Wi-Fi network where your Apple TV was connected.
- Open a browser and enter the IP address displayed on the Apple TV screen.
- It will open the VLC Remote playback window.
- Now just drag and drop the video file you stored on your Mac and watch it on your Apple TV.
Also Check: Install Popcorn Time on Apple TV
How to airplay VLC on Apple TV?
As we mentioned earlier VLC media players support the airplay features. So you can airplay VLC on Apple TV from your Apple devices like iPhone or iPad. If you don’t want to install the VLC app on Apple TV then you can choose this method.
- First, you need to connect your Apple TV and iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Install the VLC app from the app store on your iPhone.
- Open the control center on your iPhone and tap the screen mirroring icon.
- Now you need to select your Apple TV from the list of devices.
- Open VLC on your iPhone and play any local media you want.
- That’s it. The same video will play on the TV screen.
- Connect your Mac device and iOS device to the same Wi-Fi.
- Install the VLC media player on your Mac.
- You need to select a video or movie on the VLC media player.
- Click the airplay icon on the menu bar.
- It will show the nearby devices on your screen.
- Select your device from such results.
- Once paired, you can see the video playing on the Apple TV.
I hope this article very helps to install VLC on Apple TV. Using the above two methods you can easily play all your favorite audio on video files on Apple TV. If you have any doubts regarding this article feel free to ask using the comment box section. Keep in touch with us for more tech updates. Thanks for reading this article.